Friday, February 18, 2011

The Perth Zoo

This post is for my Camren; because I couldn't take you to this zoo, I tried to take as many pictures as possible.  I know there's a lot, but if I can hold her attention for a good three minutes I'll be happy :)

Pelicans

Cassowary

Tree Kangaroo

African Painted Dogs

Mufasa

Mufasa and Sarabi


White Rhinoceros

Look Gram, that turtle you booted across 24 said, "To hell with these Americans," and made it all the way to Australia.


Pygmy Marmoset

Lemur


Galapagos Tortoise

Tawny Frogmouth

A bashful Western Ringtail Possum

Bilby

Quokka, found off the coast of Perth on Rottnest Island

Blue and Gold Macaw

An Orangutan's jungle gym

An Orangutan!

The little guy

Permai (which means pretty) the elephant

Yes, Australia has native penguins


Perentie

Freshwater croc

Black-necked Stork

A Black Swan, found only in Western Australia

Black Cockatoo

Forbidden love :(

And of course, some 'roos



And koalas


Tasmanian Devil


This picture is called "The First Kiss", taken by an onlooker at the Perth Zoo, and is now internationally recognized.


And finally, my souvenir, an elephant spray painting

No comments:

Post a Comment